Northern Gas Networks (NGN) is planning a total expenditure of over £1 billion for the forthcoming RIIO-2 regulatory period across its network of 37,000 km of gas pipelines and associated infrastructure. Given the significant changes underway in the UK energy sector and the drive towards net zero, the ongoing challenge for NGN is knowing how best to invest in its infrastructure to reduce risk and meet customer and stakeholder needs.
NGN and Copperleaf® have been working together since 2016.
Watch this webinar to learn how NGN is using the Copperleaf Decision Analytics Solution to:
- automate its Network Asset Risk Measures (NARMs) in support of annual reporting to Ofgem
- develop its 5-year regulatory submission for RIIO-2
- support the delivery of its ambitious RIIO-2 plan, including:
- geographic bundling of tier 2 mains replacements to identify the highest value across projects
- automating cost-benefit analysis across the whole investment portfolio (repex, regulatory, capital growth, and sustainment projects)
- enabling project and portfolio optimisation that considers delivery options, maximises value, and outperforms regulatory targets in RIIO-2
Download this whitepaper to learn more about delivering value in the UK energy sector, including:
- How utilities can ensure they develop innovative and cost-effective investment plans that are fully justified and evidenced
- The top 5 things that UK gas operators can do to ensure success in the next planning cycle and beyond