The 2021 Copperleaf® ANZ Forum wrapped up after two successful days of networking, sharing, and learning! With an agenda driven by members of the Copperleaf Community in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ), the Forum broke yet another attendance record and highlighted the value our clients gain from exchanging knowledge and best practices with their peers in the energy sector.
The ANZ Forum also gives Copperleaf the opportunity to share our product roadmap and gather input from clients to ensure we are building the right solutions to address their current and future challenges.
This year, friends from Endeavour Energy, Essential Energy, Energy Queensland, Powerco, TasNetworks, United Energy, CitiPower Powercor, and Powerlink participated on a virtual basis in what proved to be very engaging discussions.
The topics proposed by the organising committee—made up of industry experts from across our client community—resonated well with the audience. We sincerely appreciate their hard work and dedication to making the Forum such a success. The committee included:
- Aaron Pisani, Initiative Lead – Investment Optimisation, Essential Energy
- Julian James, Manager Investment Optimisation, Energy Queensland
- Peter Langdon, Head of Asset Planning and Performance, Endeavour Energy
The agenda included a variety of client-led sessions, including:
- Aaron Pisani on workflow design and implementation at Essential Energy
- Julian James explained how Energy Queensland managed six portfolios across three businesses on its journey from risk to value
- Kathryn Gillum and Marius Botha provided a live demonstration to highlight how Powerco has expanded investment collaboration across the organisation
- Mark Alexander detailed Endeavour Energy’s predictive analytics journey
- Kyle Shirkey discussed the benefits of the Copperleaf implementation at TasNetworks, our newest community member
And that was just day 1!
A snapshot of Aaron’s session on workflow design at Essential Energy
Day 2 kicked off with a panel discussion on a number of topics, including how to handle submissions to regulatory bodies, investment governance, portfolio optimisation, and value framework evolution. Peter Langdon, Head of Asset Planning and Performance at Endeavour Energy, kept the audience engaged by asking thought-provoking questions to panel members Aaron Pisani, Julian James, Kathryn Gillum, and Mark Dragar (from Endeavour Energy) on how the Copperleaf Decision Analytics Solution has helped them enhance their Asset Investment Planning and Management (AIPM) processes in these areas.
. . . Copperleaf isn’t just an out-of-the-box solution, it’s a new way of life . . .
Lead Engineer – Asset Investment
Panel members share their knowledge in a live interactive Q&A with community members
Through the hard work of our client-led organising committee and the Copperleaf team, the Forum was a huge success, and we can’t wait to see what’s in store for next year! Believe it or not, planning for a hybrid (fingers crossed!) 2022 ANZ Forum is about to get started! Please contact us to gain access to our client forum and continue the discussion, or subscribe to our newsletter to learn about our future events.